Wednesday, June 5, 2013


Well, I Had The Time Of My Life

 

June 5th, 2013

Well, as you can see - I've been Missing In Action for about a year now. The truth was I just didn't think anyone was out there.

Oh, and there was that part of me not knowing what to write about as well.

However, last weekend I took a giant leap - at least for me - and attended Arizona Dreamin', a Romance Writers and Readers convention.

It wasn't easy for me. I'm not agoraphobic - but I'm not thrilled about crowds--even with people I know. I interact with an extremely limited number of people; and spend a lot of time alone. (Not that the dogs allow me much quiet time.)

I had registered last June, in a flush of enthusiasm from the release of my first book,  'Leap of Faith'. It had seemed like a great idea back then. But, somewhere about the end of March, I started getting a bit anxious if I thought about it.

As April waned, I started asking myself 'What the hell were you thinking about?' more and more often. Was I crazy? I didn't know any of these people; and they'd all probably been BFFs for 'like forever'!

The thing was I wanted to meet my publishers and 'sister authors'. And, after all, they'd have to at least speak to me, right?

They would, wouldn't they?

Everyone was great! I can't say that enough. I met about a hundred women; and they were all pleasant, and had a story to tell.

To tell you the truth--I don't know what I was so worried about.

Oh, and I've already registered for next year.

And I can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had an amazing time. See, it pays to be a social butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, hardly a social butterfly...I think I'm still in the larva stage.

    ReplyDelete